- AV & Multimedia Materials
- Articles, Journals & more
- Notable Collections
- Online Services
- Information Services
- Contact Us
- Opening Hours
- Library Location
- Floor Plans
- Library Top 10
- Library Guidebook
- Library Matters
- Site Map
- Information Commons
- Rules, Regulations & Policies
- Lost and Found (Personal Belongings)
- Library Statistics and Surveys
- Online Exhibitions
- Library Projects
- Library Liaison Programme
- What's New
Guide to RefWorks
RefWorks is a web-based tool that allows Lingnan staff and students to:
- Download citations directly from the Library catalogue and most databases subscribed by the Library
- Organize the citations into different folders
- Generate in-text citation, bibliography or reference list in the citation style of your choice, including APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago style and more
Lingnan staff and students must first create their own Personal RefWorks Accounts. Go to the RefWorks Login Center to login or sign up for a new account at: http://proxy1.library.ln.edu.hk:2048/login?url=https://www.refworks.com/refworks2/?r=authentication::init&groupcode=RWLingnanUL
First Time Users should read the Quick Start Guide before they start:
Normally, users will login to RefWorks using the Lingnan email account for Off-Campus Access. However, if users do not see the Lingnan identification at the RefWorks login page, they would first need to enter the RefWorks Group Code. Find out the current RefWorks Group Code at: http://www.library.ln.edu.hk/find/refworks-group-code
Write-N-Cite is a RefWorks utility programme that links up MS Word with your RefWorks folders. With this programme you can generate in-text citations and bibliographies in MS Word documents. To use these features, you have to download and install the Write-N-Cite program on your computer. Â
To download the Write-N-Site:
- Login to RefWorks.
- Select Write-N-Cite from the Tools menu.
- Click the Download now button for the version of Write-N-Cite you wish to install.
- Save the .exe file to your computer.
- Optional: Before leaving the download page please copy your Login Code onto your clipboard, using the instructions on the left hand side of the page.Â This will enable you to easily log in to Write-N-Cite without needing your RefWorks credentials or on campus access.
For detailed instructions, please refer to RefWorks 2.0 Guide.
For further assistance: call 2616 8571 or send your question online.