The University Library is committed to supporting the teaching, learning and research needs of the University. Other external users with genuine research needs who meet the following conditions are also welcome to apply for a paid LU Card for External Users to use the library service to conduct their research.
- Types of Cards and Fees
- Processing Time / Replacement Fee
- Deposit Refund
- Terms and Conditions
- Application Form
- The applicant should be a current staff/student/researcher of a local or international institution, university or research centre; or undergoing a research project guided by a researcher in the aforementioned institutions. The applicant should show a valid staff/student card, relevant proof of research needs, or a recommendation letter from the affiliating institution with a signature and official stamp.
- The applicant should prove that there is a genuine need to use the unique resources in the Lingnan University (LU) Library for conducting their specific research and that the required resources are not available elsewhere.
- For all new and renewal applications, the Library will make assessments according to a set of criteria, including but not limited to consultation from the faculty members and the prevailing Library Regulations.
- The issuance of cards to Library external users is subject to the discretion of the University Librarian. The Library reserves the right to reject any application. The application result is not subject to any appeal.
|Card Type||Application Type||Annual Fee
|LU Card for External Users (Borrower privileges)||New Application||3,000||500|
|LU Card for External Users (Reader privileges)||New Application / Renewal||800||-|
- The Library will reply within 7 working days upon receipt of the application.
- HK$50 will be charged for card replacement in case of loss or damage.
- LU Card for External Users can be renewed 30 days before the expiry date.
- Library Card deposit is refundable when users would like to cancel the card. To apply for the refund, please submit the online form to the Library for processing.
- All users should observe the rules and regulations of the LU Library. The Library reserves the right to deny use to external users that abuse library privileges or in any way infringe the priority rights of LU staff or students. Admission to the LU Library can be revoked at the discretion of the University Librarian.
- All Library Card holders must abide by any campus access measures/restrictions imposed by the Government and the University. External users shall be personally liable to the LU Library for any loss or damage incurred to the materials, equipment or facilities of the Library.
- The Library Card application is considered on an individual basis. The Library reserves the right to reject any new / renewal application.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The Library Card is not transferable.
- If the Library Card is lost or damaged, please report it to the Library as soon as possible.
- The Library reserves the right to amend or change all the terms and conditions at any time without issuing prior or further notice. In case of disputes, the decision of the Library shall be final and binding.