In response to the Government’s stepped-up measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 variant Omicron, LIMITED Library services will be provided from 7 January 2022 until further notice:
- Physical Access to the Library
- The Library is restricted to Lingnan Staff and Students only. Temperature and identity check will be conducted when users enter the campus.
- If users have fever or any respiratory symptoms, they should refrain from coming to campus, and seek medical consultation immediately.
- Users are required to use hand sanitiser when entering and ALWAYS wear their own face masks in the Library.
- To ensure social distancing, the number of chairs will be reduced.
- The Library area will be cleaned regularly.
- Services and Facilities
- All Individual and Group Study Room services will be suspended temporarily to avoid the spread of the virus.
- All drinking fountains are suspended.
- Collections and handling of Library Materials
- CHECKING OUT: Users are required to use the Self-Checkout Station at the Lobby and encouraged to use the ultraviolet (UV) book steriliser to clean the books.
- CHECKING IN: ALL Library materials (including multimedia, course reserves, HKALL, and Interlibrary loans) have to be returned to the book drops located at:
- Library Entrance
- G/F Main Building near the University Main Entrance
- The covered corridor at 1/F SEK Building
- For Alumni Borrower's Cardholders, the grace period of checking in Library materials will be extended. NO overdue fines will be incurred until full service resumption.
- All returned materials would be sanitised.
- HKALL and InterLibrary Loans Service
- All eligible users can continue to place HKALL requests. However, this service might be delayed.
- Interlibrary loans service with non-JULAC libraries will continue. Users are welcome to submit your requests, and our staff will handle them.
The Library will continue to monitor and assess the situation closely. Due to unforeseeable circumstances, the opening hours and services of the library, including all the above-mentioned procedures, are subject to change with very short notice. Your understanding is appreciated.
6 January 2022