Important Note on Library Alumni Card Replacement Exercise 2022/23
The Office of Institutional Advancement and Public Affairs (OIAPA) has announced the launch of the LU Card for Alumni. Please check out the latest announcement from the Office (https://www.ln.edu.hk/oiaaa/en/article/lu-card-for-alumni/29/3899/), your alumni email and our webpage at https://www.library.ln.edu.hk/en/use/member/alumni.
Existing Alumni Card Holders (Date of Issue on / after 1 June 2022) (Deadline for activation: 31 Jan 2023)
Expired Alumni Card Holders (Date of Issue before 1 June 2022)
Graduates of Lingnan University may apply for using Libary Services with Alumni Reader / Borrower privileges.
Types of Library Services and Fees
|Services / Privileges||Reader||Borrower|
|Access to physical Library space||Yes||Yes|
|Use of Library Public PCs and other facilities||Yes||Yes|
|Check out Lingnan University Library materials||No||Yes (details)|
|Onsite access to selected E-resources||Yes||Yes|
|Off-Campus access to Selected E-Resources (details)||No (HK$300 for the upgrade)|
|Overnight use of Late Reading Room facilities||No||No|
|One-off Deposit [Refundable]||N/A||HK$500|
|Annual Fee [Non-refundable]||Free of Charge||HK$100*|
*Special Offers to LU Alumni Giving Club Members and Lingnan University MasterCard (Graduates) Card Holders
- Valid members of LU Alumni Giving Club can enjoy a waiver of the Alumni Borrower Privileges Annual Fee (a refundable deposit of HK$500 is still required). Please visit the webpage of the Office of Institutional Advancement and Public Affairs (OIAPA) for details
- Card Holders of Lingnan University MasterCard (Graduates) will enjoy a 20% discount on the Alumni Borrower Privileges Annual Fee
As a part of the new LU Card project, from January 2023, a new LU Card for alumni will replace all the previously issued cards. Alumni are requested to apply for their LU Cards as well as the use of Library Services via myLingnan Portal. The Library will contact you regarding the application and online payment methods via your Alumni email within 14 working days upon receipt of the application.
For more details, please contact us at email@example.com. For the application of LU Card, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (852) 2616-8957.
Terms and Conditions
- Holding a LU Card for alumni issued by the Office of Institutional Advancement and Public Affairs (OIAPA) is a prerequisite for applying for Library services.
- The application of Library Alumni privileges is considered on an individual basis. The Library reserves the right to reject any new / renewal application to any individual based on his/her conduct or past conduct in the Library.
- Payments must be settled via the library’s online payment system. All annual fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable. The one-off deposit is refundable when users no longer use the Library services. To register for the refund, please submit the online form to the Library.
- Services/Privileges can be renewed 30 days before the expiry date.
- The LU Card is not transferable.
- All Library Notices and communications will be sent to the registered alumni email only.
- Alumni subscribing to the Alumni Library Services must abide by any prevailing campus access measures and the Library Regulations.
- Availability of onsite and off-campus access to e-resources is subject to changes consequent on any change in the terms of the license agreements without prior notice.
- The Library reserves the right to amend or change all the terms and conditions at any time without issuing further notice. In case of disputes, the decision of the Library shall be final and binding.
- Personal Information Collection Statement