Some library materials are requestable by other users when they have been checked out and those requested materials are subject to recall. Please refer to the following procedures and guides for details.
You can place a request to hold books with the status of “Available”, “On Loan” and “In Process of Cataloguing” by clicking "REQUEST" in 1-Search for the following collections:
- High Use Books
- In Process (Request for Rush Processing)
- Large Books
- Multimedia (2/F MLLC)
- New Arrivals
- Special Collections
Please note the following arrangement for request:
- More than one hold request to an item - the checkout period of that library item will be shortened to one week for students and two weeks for staff and postgraduate students respectively.
- In Progress (Request for Rush Processing) - the requested library materials will be processed immediately and will be ready for pick up within three working days.
Please refer to our Checkout Privileges for details.
- In the item record, you will be reminded to sign in to "My Library Account".
- After signing in, you can see the request option. Click "Request" to process.
Please read the note carefully.
- Select your desired "Pickup Location" from the dropdown menu.
- Click "SEND" to submit your request.
- The Library will send a Pickup Notice email notification to you when the requested item is ready for pickup. Most items should be picked up at the Self-Pickup Locker. Items of special size or nature may have to be picked up from the Service Counter.
- Please be reminded to collect the requested item at the designated pickup location before the expiry date.
- (For Staff): You may also opt for using the Office Delivery Service, The Library will deliver the requested item(s) to your Department General Office.
- All checkout library materials are subject to recall by others, the original due date may be shortened. An email notification will be sent by the Library to inform you of the revised/shortened due date. You should check in these library materials according to the revised due date.
- For HKALL and Partners books, same as other Library materials, may be recalled by users at the supplying library. As such, the Lingnan users who checked out the items may receive an email notification for the shortening of the due date. The minimum checkout period would be 15 calendar days.