In addition to HKALL, all staff, postgraduates and undergraduate students of the University can obtain study and research materials that are not available within our Library, including books, journal articles, book chapters etc. by using the Interlibrary Loan Service (ILL). In addition, the Library will fill the requests from both other local and overseas libraries. Please refer to the following for details:
- Place the Request
- Free Request Quota
- Turnaround Time
- Renew Book Items
- Copyright Restriction
- Lending Service for Local and Overseas Libraries
Eligible users can place requests through the Lingnan University Library Interlibrary Loan System, you may refer to the above Interlibrary Loan video for the easy steps.
When the requested library material is available, you will receive an email notification.
- For journal articles or book chapters which are in PDF format, you can simply download the file from the web link listed in the notification email or login into the Interlibrary Loan System.
- For book items, they will be delivered to the Service Counter for checkout. Staff can request the Library to deliver the requested library materials to their Department within the University by using the Office Delivery Service.
In normal circumstances, this service is free of charge. However, the Library reserves the right to charge for expensive items obtained from overseas libraries. In those circumstances, the user will be notified before the request proceeds.
|User Groups||Books / Book chapters / Journal articles from UGC / local libraries||Books from overseas libraries||Book chapters / Journal articles from overseas libraries||Request quota (all types combined) in one academic term|
Academic / Research Staff
Requests for book loans available in local libraries will normally take 1-2 weeks; overseas requests will normally require 1-3 months. Users will be notified by email when the requested items arrive.
Please place a renewal request through the Lingnan University Interlibrary Loan System at least 2 working days before the due date. Renewal will not be accepted if it is an overdue item.
Whether an item can be renewed is determined by the host library. Users will be notified by email no matter whether the renewal request is accepted or not. Items not accepted for renewal must be returned to the Library on time.
1. Click “View/Renew Checked Out Items” under the “View” menu on the left
2. Click the transaction number of the checked-out item you would like to renew
3. Click “Renew Request” on top of the checked-out item
To support resource sharing in the academic libraries and other library communities, Lingnan University Library provides books, and journal articles/book chapters scanning services to local and overseas libraries, government departments/agencies and authorised/registered organisations with or without reciprocal agreements. Please refer to the Service Guidelines for more details.