In addition to the Postgraduate Lounge on M/F Library, 14 Postgraduate Research Carrels are designated to meet the research needs of postgraduate students. Eligible users (Research Postgraduates, Taught Postgraduates, and Staff) can book the carrels via the Rooms / Facilities Booking System.
Postgraduate Research Carrels
|Carrel No.||Location||Eligible Users||Capacity||Quota||Booking & Rules|
Computer Room 2,
|Staff, Research Postgraduates, Taught Postgraduates||1 person / carrel||
Rules for booking the carrels
Carrel Booking Rules:
- Bookings will be served by a "First Come First Served" basis.
- Bookings of 2 consecutive sessions can be made, but have to tap card to claim for each session.
- Concurrent bookings of 2 rooms / carrels are NOT allowed.
- To claim the carrels, users are required to tap their LU Cards on the reader outside.
- The bookings are not transferable. The carrels are reserved for those who booked them only.
- The carrel will be released to others if the user does not show up after 15 minutes.
- No-show without making any cancellation will count against the quota limit.
- Users are responsible for the loss and damage of equipment used.
- Reservation rules and regulations will be subject to change without prior notice.
- The library reserves the right to cancel any booking without prior notice.