In response to the Government’s stepped-up strategy to contain the spread of the COVID-19, LIMITED Library services will be provided from 15 July 2020 until further notice:
- Opening Hours
- Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays: Closed
- Physical Access to the Library
- The Library is restricted to Lingnan Staff and Students only, temperature check will be conducted when entering the campus.
- If users have fever or any respiratory symptoms, they should refrain from coming to campus and the Library and seek medical consultation immediately.
- Users are required to use hand sanitizer when entering the Library and wear their own face masks at ALL TIME in the Library.
- To provide more social distancing, the number of chairs will be reduced.
- Regular cleaning of the area will be provided.
- Services and Facilities
- Only Library Lobby, Chiang Chen Information Commons and study area at 1/F South will be open for access. All rooms and other parts of the Library will be closed for public access temporarily.
- Public PCs and database workstations at the above area are available for use.
- All drinking fountains are suspended.
- User enquiries will be handled virtually by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 2616-8586 or WhatsApp a Librarian: (+852) 6057-6002.
- Collections and handling of Library Materials
- Users can access the Reference Collection and General Collection (A, BH-DR). For other Library collections, please request at the Circulation Counter and via 1-Search platform. Library staff will retrieve the materials for your pickup at the Circulation Counter.
- Our electronic collections are available 24x7, they can be retrieved through 1-Search.
- You are encouraged to use our electronic collections for your study and research.
- BORROWING: Users are required to use the Self-Checkout Station at the Lobby and encouraged to use the ultraviolet (UV) book sterilizer to clean the books.
- RETURNING: ALL Library materials (including multimedia, course reserves, HKALL and Inter-Library loans) have to be returned via book drops located at:
- Library Entrance
- G/F Main Building near the University Main Entrance
- The covered corridor at 1/F SEK Building
- The grace period of returning of Library materials will be extended. NO overdue fines will be incurred until full resumption.
- All returned materials would be sanitized.
- HKALL and InterLibrary Loans Service
- All eligible users can continue to place HKALL requests, however, the requested items will only be available when other partner libraries have resumed their services.
- Interlibrary loans service with non-JULAC libraries will continue. Users are welcome to submit your requests, our staff will continue to handle them.
- Course Readings @ Library (https://www.library.ln.edu.hk/find/course-readings) is the platform for supporting your online learning. You can access the course reading materials available in the Library as identified by course instructors.
The Library will continue to monitor and assess the situation closely. Due to unforeseeable circumstances, the opening hours and services of the library and all the above-mentioned procedures are subject to change with very short notice. Your understanding is appreciated.
14 July 2020