To broaden your reach to learning and research resources, the Library has collaborated with other UGC-funded Universities to offer the Joint University Librarians Advisory Committee (JULAC) Library Card for your physical access of their libraries.
In addition, under the terms of a special reciprocal arrangement reached with the Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) Library, Lingnan undergraduates can present their student cards to gain access to the HKBU Library without the JULAC card.
- JULAC Library Borrower Card
- JULAC Library Reader Card
- Access to Hong Kong Baptist University Library
The following eligible users can apply for a JULAC Library Borrower Card for physically accessing the UGC-funded university libraries and checking out their library materials. The checkout privileges are subject to the policies of the corresponding host libraries.
- Academic and administrative equivalent staff members
- Full-time Research Assistants
- Postgraduate Students
Please use the online form for registration (Lingnan login required). The Library will issue the JULAC Card within 7 working days upon receipt of the application. An email will be sent to you once the card is ready for collection, please pick up the card in person at the Service Counter with your staff or student card.
All undergraduate students can apply for the JULAC Library Reader Card to visit other UGC-funded university libraries physically and access their library materials, but without any checkout privileges.
- Eligible users can apply the Reader Card via the online form (Lingnan login required) for each library separately.
- The JULAC Reader Card is valid from 1 August to 31 July of the following year and is renewable.
- The Reader Card must be activated separately for each UGC-funded library the user wants to visit.
- A processing fee of $50 will be charged by each UGC library for each activation. The processing fee must be paid using a crossed cheque payable to the corresponding institutions of other UGC-funded libraries. Users must abide by the library regulations of the corresponding libraries.
- Black-out periods may apply when service demand is high, e.g. during examination periods.
- Students must abide by the library regulations of the corresponding libraries.
Note: LIFE, Associate Degree Programme and self-financed programmes students are NOT eligible for application.
- UGC-funded undergraduate students are eligible to access the Baptist University Library by presenting their valid Lingnan University ID Card.
- The access privilege only offers students the right to use materials and make photocopies inside the HKBU Library. No Library materials can be check out.
- Students visiting the HKBU Library must abide by the HKBU Library Policies and Regulations
- This special arrangement does not cover LIFE, Associate Degree Programme students and students of other self-financed programmes.