Apart from current staff and students, and alumni, other users are welcome to apply for appropriate library cards to become a member of the Lingnan University Library. The Lingnan University Library reserves the rights to grant these privileges and they are subject to withdrawal with short advanced notice. The payment of the application fee is not a guarantee of access and no refund will be provided.
- Spouse / Children of Lingnan University Staff Members
- Lingnan Staff Members on Non-University Payroll
- Council and Court Members
- Long-serving Retired Staff
- Non-Lingnan JULAC Staff and Students
- Institutional Users
- Other External Users
Spouse and children (aged 15 or above) of Lingnan staff members may apply for a "Staff Spouse / Child Borrower's Card". Please visit checkout privileges page for details of their loan privileges. Please click here to register online.
Lingnan staff members employed by individual departments / research units or Visiting Scholars who are not issued with the University staff ID card may apply for a Library Card free of charge. Their checkout privileges are the same as a regular non-academic staff. Please click here to register online. The employment letter issued by the department unit should be presented together with the completed application form.
Card holders of the Long-serving Retired Staff’s Borrower Card are eligible to use the selected databases. The list of selected databases for remote access are available at: https://libguides.ln.edu.hk/databases/affiliates
- Non-Lingnan JULAC Library Card Holders can register their JULAC Library Cards issued by their home University libraries at the Service Counter of the Library. Please visit the checkout privileges page for details.
- A processing fee of $50 will be charged for activating the non-Lingnan JULAC Library Reader Card. Such registration will expire on 31 July every year and a fee of $50 must be paid again to activate the Reader Card again. The processing fee must be paid using a crossed cheque payable to "Lingnan University".
Non-UGC tertiary institutions may apply for up to 5 institutional library cards for access Lingnan University Library. Please note that the request will be considered on an individual basis. The library reserves the right to reject any application. For details, please contact the Library Service Counter at 2616-8586 or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other external users may apply for an External Borrower's Card or Reader's Card. (Please note that all new and renewal application will be suspended due to Library Renovation from 1 June 2020 to 28 February 2022.)