Effective from 31 August 2020, the Library will gradually resume full services as follows:
- Opening Hours
Period Day Time Term Break
(31 August - 6 September 2020)
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday to Sunday Closed Regular Opening Hours
(7 September 2020 - 4 December 2020)
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Sunday 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Physical Access to the Library
- Access of the Library is restricted to Lingnan Staff and Students only, temperature check will be conducted when entering the campus.
- If users have fever or any respiratory symptoms, they should refrain from coming to campus and the Library and seek medical consultation immediately.
- Users are required to use hand sanitizer when entering the Library and wear their own face masks at ALL TIMES in the Library.
- To provide appropriate social distancing, the number of chairs will be reduced.
- Services and Facilities
- All drinking fountains are suspended.
- All three floors of the Library will be gradually open to the users.
- All discussion rooms will be closed for public access temporarily.
- Collections and handling of Library Materials
- Fines will be waived for all overdue items returned before 14 Sep.
- Some collections have been relocated in this summer, please refer to the latest location information in the 1-Search platform, or you may request via 1-Search Library staff will retrieve the materials for your pickup at the Service Counter.
- Our electronic collections are available 24x7, they can be retrieved through 1-Search.
- You are encouraged to use our electronic collections for your study and research.
- CHECKING OUT: Users are required to use the Self-Checkout Station at the Library
- CHECKING IN: ALL Library materials (including multimedia, course reserves, HKALL and Inter-Library loans) have to be CHECKED IN via book drops located at:
- Library Entrance
- G/F Main Building near the University Main Entrance
- The covered corridor at 1/F SEK Building
- All returned materials would be sanitized.
- HKALL and Inter-Library Loans Service will be gradually resumed
- Course Readings @ Library (https://www.library.ln.edu.hk/en/learn/teach/course-readings) is the platform for supporting your online learning. You can access the course reading materials available in the Library as identified by course instructors.
The Library will continue to monitor and assess the situation closely. Due to unforeseeable circumstances, the opening hours and services of the library and all the above-mentioned procedures are subject to change with very short notice. Your understanding is appreciated.
Should you have any queries, please contact the University Library at 2616-8586 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp a Librarian: (+852) 6057-6002.
29 August 2020