The Library’s conference publication service offers support for academic departments and centres who are interested in setting up their online conference/event site. The services include online hosting and long-term preservation of proceedings, papers, presentation videos and supplemental materials for all Lingnan-affiliated conferences.
Types of conferences/events valid for the service
- Lingnan-affiliated conferences/events, which Lingnan should be the organizer/co-organizer. It could be one-time event or recurring event such as annual conference.
- Lingnan conference/events that allow content to be open accessible online.
- Lingnan has to be the sole/co-organizer of the conferences or events which owns copyright to host the content online.
- Conference and event proceedings/papers/presentations/videos should be archived in DC@Lingnan.
- Authors of the presentations retain copyright to their works; however they must agree to deposit their works for permanent archiving in DC@Lingnan, and the content will only be removed for legal reasons or in other special circumstances.
Design of Journal page:
Some conference organizers want their conference pages to reflect the tone of their conference, while other conference organizers are pleased to have their web page adopt the style of DC@Lingnan. In consultation with you, we will work with bepress designers to create a conference web page that projects the image you want for your conference. Please note that there are few common design elements that are default to all DC@Lingnan conference pages, including DC services navigation tabs and site sidebar.
Here are examples of two main conference designs:
- Conference sites embedded into the DC@Lingnan repository. (Example: https://commons.ln.edu.hk/neomoralism_conference)
- Conference sites with its own design separate from DC@Lingnan. (Example: https://commons.ln.edu.hk/apias_tsao_ilc2012)
Proposal Process and Timeline
- Contact Library’s Scholarly Communication Team to set a meeting about creating your site.
- Provide any logos or banners (if available) for your site.
- The conference page setup request and images will be sent to bepress to create (up to three) design iterations. Once a design iteration is approved, bepress will create the demo site.
- After the demo site is created, you will need to review the metadata fields and ask for customization if necessary.
- After you are satisfied with the demo site, we will request bepress to have the site go live.
- Library’s Scholarly Team will post conference content into the new conference page.
- The average time to create a conference site is one to two months.
Responsibilities of Conference/Events site requester:
- Provide logos or banners for site
- Review metadata fields of the site
- Check for plagiarism