Course Reserves is one of the library services to support teaching and learning in the Library. Teaching staff can make requests to the Library and place the essential course items, such as books and journal articles available in the library collections or library-subscribed e-resources, in the Course Reserves to facilitate students’ accessibility to the course-related resources.
- How to Locate Items in Course Reserves
- Making the Request by Teaching Staff
- Course Reserves Quota
- Period of Placing Materials in Course Reserves
How to Locate Items in Course Reserves
- The Course Reserves materials are housed in the Course Reserves / Requests Pickup area at 1/F.
- You can search the Course Reserves via 1-Search or Course Readings @ Library; by the Course Code or Course Name. Please check the call number and availability of these Course Reserves materials before checking out at the Service Counter.
For viewing the Course Reserves materials available online, please simply click the “Online Access” button via 1-Search or Course Readings @ Library after logging in.
Making the Request by Teaching Staff
- All teaching staff and course instructors can place library materials in the Course Reserves by making requests to the Library using this Online Form.
- AV & Multimedia Materials: 3 hours (In-library Use) on-reserve only.
- Books and other materials: 3 hours, 2 or 7 days on-reserve available.
- You should submit one form for each course. If the library material is not available in our Library, you are welcome to make a purchase recommendation.
- Alternatively, you can make purchase requests via the Course Readings @ Library application.
The Library will process your request for Course Reserves within 7 working days. For those library materials not available in the Library, a longer processing time is needed. There may be some time lag to process your request during peak seasons. To facilitate our process, please provide detailed and comprehensive information in your request.
For copyright guidelines of Course Reserves, please refer to this page.
Course Reserves Quota
Different types of users are eligible to check out different course reserves. Please refer to checkout privileges for details.
Period of Placing Materials in Course Reserves
Reserved library materials will only be placed in the Course Reserves during the requested academic term. Upon expiry, they will be removed from the Course Reserves. You may make an advanced request via e-mail at email@example.com to extend the period of placing materials in the Course Reserves.
For enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 2616 8586.